These step by step workshops help students build their drawing and watercolour painting skills, and think about storytelling in their art. Some topics involve observational drawing from life, and many involve drawing from the imagination while employing techniques such as simple shapes and construction lines.
These workshops are run by an illustrator Charlotte Dennis. You can view Charlotte’s works here https://www.instagram.com/charlottedennis_art/
- Min 3, Max 10 students
- Suited for primary school aged students
Half Day Workshop 9am – 12pm, 1 – 4pm : $70+GST each
Extended Hours 12 – 1pm, 4 – 5pm : $10+GST/ hr
Lunch period 12 – 1pm is included in the cost when booking both morning and afternoon workshops on the same day.
Portrait with a Whimsical Hat
Mon 28 Sep 1 – 4pm
Thu 1 Oct 9am – 12pm
Create a dream-like painting by combining portraiture and an unusual use of scenery drawing! We will learn a technique for drawing faces, and then create a cityscape or nature scene on top of the face we draw. Watercolour paints, pencil, and pen will be our materials.
Wombat in the Forest
Wed 30 Sep 1 – 4pm
Fri 2 Oct 1 – 4pm
In this workshop we will draw a wombat in his or her habitat. We will draw in pencil together step by step, and then use watercolour techniques and pastel to create the wombat, ferns, log, and trees of our scene.
Spring Holiday Workshops
- 10% discount for multiple workshops (even on the same day!) and sibling bookings within the same workshop period.
- Lunch period 12 – 1pm is included in the cost when booking both morning and afternoon workshops on the same day.
- Extended hours 9-10am & 4-5pm is available.
- You can use Creative Kids vouchers.
- BYO lunch, snack & drink.