Updated 31st Jan 2022
– If your child/ren attends our workshops with cold or/and flu symptoms, we will need you to collect your child/ren. We cannot refund this case.
– All adults and children over in year 7 and above must wear face masks inside the studio. Children in year K to 6 are also strongly encouraged to wear masks.
– For COVID19 related cancellations due to lockdown, contracting the diseases or waiting for test results, credit notes will be issued.
Please follow updated version of guidance.
Updated details according to Public Health Orders and restrictions by NSW goverment.
At Artspark we will be implementing some specialized COVID-19 Procedures to ensure the safety of our community and comply with recommendations from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) and NSW Health Guidelines. These procedures help minimize risk of COVID-19 exposure among our students, families, and teachers. Techniques we will use include:
1. Physical distancing
2. Management of illness in staff or students
3. Health & hygiene practices
4. Studio cleaning guidelines
5. Studio classes guidelines
We will update students, parents and staff on our procedures around COVID-19 as changes occur.
1. GATHERING AND MOVEMENT
Artspark Studio is indoor premises and restricted to one person per 4 square metres. After class pick up will be from outside the studio. Parents are not permitted to enter the building, as we need to prevent crowding inside.
2. MANAGEMENT OF ILLNESS OF STAFF OR CHILDREN
If a child is sick, they must not attend the class. We request that even mild respiratory symptoms or mild influenza-like symptoms be taken as a sign not to attend.
If a teacher is sick, they must not come to the studio and should remain at home. If a teacher is out sick, they will be required to be tested for COVID-19 before they can return to work. This negative test result is required in order to protect students, their families, and other staff. We also request that anyone who has been overseas in the past 14 days not enter the studio. If a child or staff member displays signs of illness while at the studio, they will be sent home as soon as possible. If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19, we will contact the National Coronavirus Helpline (1800 020 080) for further advice.
3. HEALTH & HYGIENE GUIDELINES
Everyone that enters the studio must practice good hygiene to protect against infection and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Good hygiene practices include:
– Washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, or using hand sanitiser, when entering studio, and at regular intervals throughout the day
(particularly before and after eating, and after going to the toilet)
(for younger students, this may include having a regular hand washing schedule)
– Covering coughs and sneezes with one’s elbow or a tissue
– Placing used tissues directly into the bin
– Avoiding touching one’s eyes, nose and mouth
– Not sharing food or drink.
– Paper hand towels will be provided and disposed of in similar fashion
– Students will use a freshly laundered art smock each class (Worn art smocks separated & laundered each day)
– Staff will continually undertake cleaning processes where needed (eg: if a child is sneezing or coughing, staff will clean nearby surfaces with disinfectant immediately)
– Staff will follow cleaning guidelines after each session
Standard precautions will be adopted when providing first aid, such as sanitising hands before and after providing first aid, and wearing gloves. Hand sanitiser & gloves will be available in our studio First Aid kit.
4. STUDIO CLEANING GUIDELINES
Although Corona viruses, including COVID-19, can survive on surfaces for many hours, they are rendered inactive by cleaning and disinfection. Therefore, we are following an increased schedule of cleaning at Artspark.
After each class:
-Clean and disinfect high touch areas with bleach solution (tabletops, doorknobs & handles, light switches, taps, soap dispensers, sinks and tops of chairs)
-Clean art materials & equipment used in lesson – eg: paintbrushes, pencils etc.
-Clean kitchen surfaces with bleach solution
-Clean bathroom surfaces & toilet with bleach solution – especially high touch surfaces
Cleaning of floors, walls, windows and other minimally touched surfaces will continue along normal schedule.
5. STUDIO CLASSES GUIDELINES
Strategies to minimize risk, in addition to Physical Distance, Health & Hygiene, and Cleaning Guidelines:
– Minimize the use of art materials that are shared and cannot be adequately cleaned.
– Avoiding close-proximity queuing and encouraging increased space between students (eg: by placing markings on the floor to line up for hand washing)
– Ensuring students always wash hands before using shared equipment
6. WEARING MASKS
– Teachers, parents at the pick up/ drop off, students over 12 years of age are encouraged to wear masks. Children who are younger than 12 years old do not need to wear masks.
7. FEE & REFUND
Thank you for your cooperation with these measures to keep our community healthy!